Wednesday 23 May 2012

Glamour Taste Of High Fashion

Tired? Need a sugar pick me up or a glamour snack to eat in this heat?
Doll up your break with the greatest designer cupcakes made by prop-styled Lisa Edsalv.

4 delicious cupcakes, inspired by Chanel, Christian Louboutin, Vera Wang and Louis Vuitton to feast your eyes on ... I know its making me feel hungry already!



VERA WANG
photographer Therese Aldgard


CHANEL
photographer Therese Aldgard

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN
photographer Therese Aldgard
LUIS VUITTON
photographer Therese Aldgard

So to console myself, I found this browsing around - easy fast love:


The Lazy Do-It Yourself Microwaved Carrot Cake - In A Mug 

Who would have thought?  

What else to do except choose my favourite cake - "Carrot Cake", so here goes:

Get a large coffee mug (I like to mix it in a bowl first) and put in:     
6 Tbs all-purpose
1 Egg
flour 2 Tbs sugar (brown or white depending on your taste, I used brown)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg .
mix your dry ingredients up with a fork and then add:
4 Tbs orange juice
2 Tbs oil 1
4 tsp vanilla
3 Tbs finely grated carrot
1 Tbs chopped pecans (optional)
1 Tbs raisins (optional) .
whisk together and make sure its mixed all the way to the bottom (don't want flour lumps!) put it in the microwave for 2 or 2 and a half minutes.... I then used canned butter cream frosting to put on top of the cake.

This wasn't my best attempt- can you do better?
 Send us your thoughts and pics of your microwaved cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment