Wednesday 14 March 2012

Retro is back in style and I can get all girly too!

I love to use fashion to voice how I'm feeling, expressing my inner emotions so I'm loving the Retro and Girly look, which bring out the nostalgic, sophisticated, pretty, hopeful me. 


Curiously, these looks seen on the New York and Paris recent fashion week catwalks merged together neutral colours as well as bold brights, so there's plenty of scope to express our different moods.  I liked  Louis Vuitton's fresh approach:



Louis Vuitton:Spring/Summer Look 2012, Vogue.com
Spring/Summer 2012, Vogue.com

Retro is defined as inspirational cool, nostalgia presented in a sophisticated and elegant manner with a rhythmic, jazzy feel to it and Manish Arora has definitely got it with his funky retro look of bold, pop colours -  introducing different textures to make a statement
Manish Arora, Spring/Summer 2012, Vogue.com

My favourite though was Rodnik, with the use of his vibrant funky colours - I'm definitely saving up for his red bus bag!

Examples from Fashion week: Rodnik Spring/Summer 2012

London Fashion Week: Rodnik Band, Spring/Summer 2012, Vogue.com




No comments:

Post a Comment