Everybody enjoying the sunshine? Having fun sitting out on the terrace at cafe or bars? Beware as thieves are about!
How many of us keep our entire lives in our handbags? How many of you or know someone who has had their bag stolen? I for one, had my bag nicked in Barcelona a few years ago, which was just a nightmare as I lost about £600 worth of stuff by the time I added up the phone, iPod, cards, money, make-up, house keys, car keys, travel pass, plus all the sentimental stuff. Thank goodness I didn’t lose my passport too.
But seriously, these statistics that I came across recently are shocking and show how often this can happen:
- 21% of women admit they have had their handbag stolen.
- 52% of women worry about their handbag and the content being stolen.
- With 60% of women in London concerned about handbag theft – rightly as London is the worst region for handbag theft in the UK
- Over two thirds believe the current economic climate will increase the number of bag thefts.
- Most bags are stolen from pubs, nightclubs, workplaces and out shopping.
- 9% of women carry bags worth £250 or more.
- The items mostly stolen are cash, make up, door keys and mobile phones.
- Women are faced with an average bill of £109 to replace all their possessions.
- 25% women admit they do not keep their bag close to them at all times.
- Just 23% check their handbag regular to check it is safe and no possessions have gone missing.
Thankfully, we can do a couple of things to keep our stuff safe such as loop the bag around our foot which apparently 26% of us do, however it’s a bit uncomfortable plus it gets your bag dirty!
Losing my handbag and getting my bag ruined on the floor were part of the inspiration to set up CarrieMe, as I'm paranoid about security. All of the CarrieMe products combine style with a security angle, whether its the bag hook to keep your handbag safe or the Finder to keep your mobile or keys to hand - so check out our new colours at http://www.carrieme.co.uk/ and don't let the thieves ruin your day!
|CarrieMe Mobile Finder|
|CarrieMe Vintage Bag Hook|