Friday 12 August 2011

CarrieMe match makes with Vintage

Here at CarrieMe we love fashion and adore vintage... so vintage fashion is a match made in heaven for us.  Fortunately being based in Notting Hill (not far from the reknown Portobello Market, London) there is plenty of choice for when it comes to vintage clothing.... I've picked some lesser known favourites here.



This charity shop gets a great selection of designer castoffs especially smart ladies’ clothing and accessories, such as Prada evening shoes and DKNY bags. I also love this shop because I support all the hard work Trinity Hospice do, to help care for those towards the end of their life.  
Trinity Hospice, 31 Kensington Church St, W8 (020 7376 1098) High St Kensington tube. Open Mon-Sat 10am-4.45pm, Sun 11am-5pm.


Traid

Traid (which stands for Textile Recycling for Aid and International Development) has a huge mix of good vintage, high-street and designer fashion. I really like this shop because they recycle clothes and don’t let anything go to waste.  There are some really quirky and unique pieces in this shop.
61 Westbourne Grove, W2 (020 7221 2421/www.traid.org.uk) Royal Oak or Bayswater tube. Open Mon-Sat 10am-6pm, Sun 11am-5pm.


Cloud Cuckoo Land

This compact but charming shop just off Islington’s Camden Passage has been keeping local Islington ladies stylishly clad in vintage frocks since 1982. It feels like Aladdin's Cave with a wide range spanning from Victorian times to the 1980s with pretty day dresses, skirts, capes and cardigans as well as some quite special 1950s floral cocktail hats.  Just the thing for Ascot next year! 
Cloud Cuckoo Land
6 Charlton Place, Camden Passage, N1 (020 7354 3141) Angel tube. Open Tue-Sat 11am-5.30pm


I really like these type of shops because I must admit I’m a bit of a hoarder myself and find it hard to throw anything away!  Trends come and go, but I love some of the very feminine shapes and of course the bright colours in vintage clothes from the 50’s,60’s,70’s & 80’s.  Luckily the wide choice of vintage shops in London doesn't break the bank and provides hours of fun and inspiration ... and reminds me of some of my earlier fashion faux pas.

Some of my current temptations.... found on http://www.rokit.co.uk/





I love this vivid purple dress (one of my favourite colours of course) from the 60’s, with the cream trim on the neck, cuffs and on the waist emphasising the femininity.  Umm military style buttons and the full skater skirt, very flattering, just worried that its a bit too short... Price £45.00
http://www.rokit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=BVWC00161



I’m a big fan of royal blue and love this airhostess like dress from the 1980’s!  Just the ticket for any business meeting....  Price £40.00  







How can I resist this gorgeous brightly coloured stripey beach bag, just looking at it takes me to the beach! I love the canvas texture and the bright orange button to make sure all possessions are kept safe.  Price £20.00  
http://www.rokit.co.uk/product.php?product_id=WA101401



Colour, texture and style, this ticks all the boxes. I love the deep red colour and the fabulous bow on the toe; these would look great on any night out... though slightly scared of those heels and shame I can't squeeze myself into a size 6!   Price £55.00  



Now with such amazing vintage clothes on offer, how do you complete the look?  We will soon be launching the new Vintage Bag Hook - pearls with a modern twist.  Can't say more except that it will be come in 6 gorgeous colours, so look out for it soon!

And there's more to tempt you if you're a Londoner in town for the Notting Hill Carnival over the bank holiday at the Old Spitalfields Market on 16 Horner St, London EC1 6EW; and on 10th September, there's the affordable vintage fair at Bethnal Green. at York Hall, Old Ford Road, London E2 9PJ.  


Check out other dates and locations at: http://theaffordablevintagefair.blogspot.com/p/vintage-fair-diary.html



No comments:

Post a Comment